Welcome to Briercrest ...
The village of Briercrest is 1,900 feet [579 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Briercrest lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Telephone area codes for Briercrest: (306) & (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Briercrest: S0H<3>
Adding Briercrest to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Briercrest was on a map titled Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Briercrest on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Briercrest ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Briercrest - it's located in Washington.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Briercrest.
Communities near Briercrest ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Briercrest.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rouleau
- Rouleau lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the east of Briercrest
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rouleau
- Belle Plaine
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Belle Plaine
- Belle Plaine lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the north of Briercrest
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Belle Plaine came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Belle Plaine
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Belle Plaine<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Drinkwater
- Drinkwater lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the northeast of Briercrest
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Drinkwater
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bayard
- Bayard lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the south of Briercrest
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bayard came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bayard
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hearne
- Hearne lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Briercrest
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hearne
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Levuka
- Levuka lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the west of Briercrest
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Levuka. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Levuka
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pitman
- Pitman lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Briercrest
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pitman
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pasqua
- Pasqua lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the north of Briercrest
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pasqua came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pasqua
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Briercrest ...
Looking for more information about Briercrest? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Briercrest, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Briercrest.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Briercrest. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Briercrest - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Briercrest). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Briercrest or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Briercrest) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Briercrest. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BriercrestOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Briercrest. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.1657, Longitude: -105.2641 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|