Welcome to Levuka ...
Although we found mention of Levuka during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Levuka was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Levuka to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Levuka, please Contact Us.
We aren't confident of the location of Levuka, so consider the above location as an estimate.<2>
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Levuka might be (or was) located is in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
We believe that Levuka would be found within the (306) & (639)<3> area codes.
Communities near Levuka ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Levuka.
- Moose Jaw
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Briercrest
- Briercrest lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the east of Levuka
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Briercrest
- Belle Plaine
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Belle Plaine
- Belle Plaine lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Levuka
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Belle Plaine came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Belle Plaine
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Belle Plaine<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Drinkwater
- Drinkwater lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the northeast of Levuka
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Drinkwater
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bayard
- Bayard lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the southeast of Levuka
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bayard came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bayard
- Bushell Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bushell Park
- Bushell Park lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Levuka
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bushell Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hearne
- Hearne lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the southeast of Levuka
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hearne
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pasqua
- Pasqua lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the north of Levuka
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pasqua came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pasqua
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Levuka ...
Looking for more information about Levuka? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Levuka, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Levuka.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Saskatchewan Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Levuka and then turned west". While Levuka could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Levuka as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Levuka could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Levuka) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Levuka. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LevukaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Levuka. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.1925, Longitude: -105.3961 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|