Communities Also Named Assiniboia ...
We have found one communities that share the name Assiniboia.
Within Saskatchewan, the name Assiniboia is unique.
Beyond Saskatchewan, there is another community also named Assiniboia in Canada.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- We haven't found the location of this community yet.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Assiniboia ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Congress
- Congress lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the north of Assiniboia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Congress
- Crane Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crane Valley
- Crane Valley lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the east of Assiniboia
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crane Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crane Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Limerick
- Limerick lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the west of Assiniboia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Limerick
- Scout Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Scout Lake
- Scout Lake lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the south of Assiniboia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Scout Lake
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Twin Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Twin Valley
- Twin Valley lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the south of Assiniboia
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Twin Valley. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Twin Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vantage
- Vantage lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the north of Assiniboia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vantage
- Willow Bunch
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Willows
- Willows lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the east of Assiniboia
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Willows
How Far From Assiniboia to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a town such as Assiniboia to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Assiniboia and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Regina, which is the Provincial Capital of Saskatchewan, lies 83 miles [133.6 km]<1> to the northeast (NE). If you could drive a straight line from Assiniboia to Regina, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 5 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of three days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 1,431 miles [2,303 km] to the east (E). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 56 days and walking would take 82 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,325 miles [10,179.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,094 miles [11,416.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,095 miles [8,199.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Assiniboia. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Assiniboia) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Assiniboia. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AssiniboiaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Assiniboia. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.6310, Longitude: -105.9926 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Assiniboia to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 327.822 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 327.575 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 317.037 degrees.||