Welcome to Alvena ...
The village of Alvena is 1,640 feet [500 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Alvena lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Area codes for Alvena: (306) and (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Alvena: S0K<3>
Communities near Alvena ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Alvena.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wakaw
- Wakaw lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the northeast of Alvena
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wakaw came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wakaw
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wakaw<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hague
- Hague lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the west of Alvena
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hague
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Aberdeen
- Aberdeen lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Alvena
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Aberdeen
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vonda
- Vonda lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the south of Alvena
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vonda
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Prud'homme
- Prud'homme lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the southeast of Alvena
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prud'homme
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Neuanlage
- Neuanlage lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the west of Alvena
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Neuanlage
- Saint Isidore de Bellevue
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blumenthal
- Blumenthal lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the west of Alvena
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blumenthal
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Alvena ...
Looking for more information about Alvena? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Alvena, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Alvena.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Alvena. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Alvena - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Alvena). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Alvena or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Alvena) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Alvena. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Alvena
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alvena. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.5182, Longitude: -106.0196
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|