Welcome to Aberdeen ...
When the people of Aberdeen refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Aberdonian<1>
Several communities named Aberdeen share the same reason for their choice of Aberdeen. We're speculating that it might apply here: Named after the city in Scotland.
The town of Aberdeen is 1,720 feet [524 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: Aberdeen lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Telephone area codes for Aberdeen: (306) and (639)<3>
The Canadian Postal Code for Aberdeen: S0K<4>
Communities Also Named Aberdeen ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 33 communities that are also named Aberdeen - they are located in Arkansas (2), British Columbia (2), California, Colorado, Florida (2), Georgia (3), Idaho, Indiana (2), Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina (2), Nova Scotia, Ohio, Ontario (2), Pennsylvania (2), South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Aberdeen.
Communities near Aberdeen ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Aberdeen.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Martensville
- Martensville lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the west of Aberdeen
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Martensville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Martensville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Martensville<7>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Warman
- Warman lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the west of Aberdeen
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Warman came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Warman
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Warman<7>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Osler
- Osler lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the west of Aberdeen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Osler
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hague
- Hague lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the northwest of Aberdeen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hague
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vonda
- Vonda lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<5> to the east of Aberdeen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vonda
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Prud'homme
- Prud'homme lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<5> to the east of Aberdeen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prud'homme
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Neuanlage
- Neuanlage lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the northwest of Aberdeen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Neuanlage
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Neuhorst
- Neuhorst lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the northwest of Aberdeen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Neuhorst
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blumenthal
- Blumenthal lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the north of Aberdeen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blumenthal
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alvena
- Alvena lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the northeast of Aberdeen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alvena
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Aberdeen ...
Looking for more information about Aberdeen? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Aberdeen, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Aberdeen.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Aberdeen. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Aberdeen refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a town's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Aberdeen may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Aberdeen - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<4>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Aberdeen). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Aberdeen or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Aberdeen) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Aberdeen. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AberdeenOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Aberdeen. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.3277, Longitude: -106.2920 |
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|