Census Data for Dorchester ...
As far as we can tell, Dorchester has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Dorchester, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- North Charleston [Berkeley County]
- Charleston [Charleston County]
- Hanahan [Berkeley County]
- Goose Creek [Berkeley County]
- Mount Pleasant [Charleston County]
- Sullivan's Island [Charleston County]
- Folly Beach [Charleston County]
- Isle-of-Palms [Charleston County]
- Continue List (597 more) ...
- Lincolnville [Charleston County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lincolnville
- Lincolnville [Charleston County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the northwest of Dorchester
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lincolnville
- Ravenel [Charleston County]
- Summerville [Dorchester County]
- Hollywood [Charleston County]
- Meggett [Charleston County]
- Kiawah Island [Charleston County]
- Rockville [Charleston County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rockville
- Rockville [Charleston County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the southwest of Dorchester
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rockville have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rockville
Charleston County ...
Dorchester is located in Charleston County<4>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Charleston County.
Miscellaneous Information for Dorchester ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Charleston County or the community of Dorchester:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Dorchester:
- GNIS ID for Dorchester: 1231234
- GNIS ID for Charleston County: 1252740
- GNIS ID for State of South Carolina: 1779799
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Dorchester is located in Census Region #3 (the South Region) and Division #5 (the South Atlantic Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Dorchester.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in South Carolina
About Charleston County
About South Carolina
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Dorchester. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Charleston County: www.charlestoncounty.org/
The official website for State of South Carolina: https://sc.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Dorchester) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dorchester. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DorchesterOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dorchester. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.8531, Longitude: -79.9876 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||If you're interested in how the shape of South Carolina's counties, including Charleston, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|