Census Data for Batesburg ...
The community of Batesburg has not been included in recent Census counts, so we don't have census information specific to this town.
While we don't have census information for Batesburg, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Batesburg-Leesville [Lexington County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Batesburg-Leesville
- Batesburg-Leesville [Lexington County] lies less than 2 miles<1> to the east of Batesburg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Batesburg-Leesville have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Batesburg-Leesville
- Leesville [Lexington County]
- Monetta [Aiken County]
- Ridge Spring [Saluda County]
- Summit [Lexington County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Summit
- Summit [Lexington County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the east of Batesburg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Summit have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Summit
- Gilbert [Lexington County]
- Ward [Saluda County]
- Saluda [Saluda County]
- Continue List (466 more) ...
- Johnston [Edgefield County]
- Lexington [Lexington County]
- Pelion [Lexington County]
- Prosperity [Newberry County]
- Trenton [Edgefield County]
- Wagener [Aiken County]
- Chapin [Lexington County]
Lexington County ...
Batesburg is primarily located in Lexington County<4>. A portion of Batesburg extends into Saluda County.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Lexington County.
Miscellaneous Information for Batesburg ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Lexington County or the town of Batesburg:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Batesburg:
- GNIS ID for Batesburg: 1244979
- GNIS ID for Lexington County: 1244251
- GNIS ID for State of South Carolina: 1779799
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Batesburg is located in Census Region #3 (the South Region) and Division #5 (the South Atlantic Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a town like Batesburg, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Batesburg. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Batesburg:29006<5>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Batesburg.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in South Carolina
About Lexington County
About South Carolina
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Batesburg. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Lexington County: www.lex-co.com/
The official website for State of South Carolina: https://sc.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Census Bureau
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Batesburg) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Batesburg. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BatesburgOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Batesburg. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.9078, Longitude: -81.5477 |
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If you're interested in how the shape of South Carolina's counties, including Lexington, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<5>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Batesburg or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|