Welcome to Waldron ...
So far, we have found very little information about Waldron. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Waldron to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Waldron, please Contact Us.
Waldron would have been located within present day Wheeler County<2>.
While the community is gone, the present day location for Waldron is 2,770 feet [844 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the altitude of Waldron is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Waldron was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
The location where Waldron once stood is in the (541) & (458)<4> area codes.
Communities Also Named Waldron ...
While we believe that this Waldron is located in Wheeler County, we know of another 2 Oregon communities named Waldron. Those communities are located in the following counties: Benton and Crook County.
Beyond Oregon, there are 11 communities that are also named Waldron - they are located in Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Missouri, Oklahoma, Saskatchewan and Washington.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Waldron.
Communities near Waldron ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Waldron.
- Spray [Wheeler County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spray
- Spray [Wheeler County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the northeast of Waldron
- Population from the 2020 Census: 157 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spray
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Spray<6>
- Mitchell [Wheeler County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mitchell
- Mitchell [Wheeler County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the southwest of Waldron
- Population from the 2020 Census: 126 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mitchell
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Mitchell<6>
- Winlock [Wheeler County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Winlock
- Winlock [Wheeler County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the northeast of Waldron
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Winlock
- Kinzua [Wheeler County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kinzua
- Kinzua [Wheeler County] was located 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the north of Waldron
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Kimberly [Grant County]
- Fossil [Wheeler County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fossil
- Fossil [Wheeler County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<5> to the northwest of Waldron
- Population from the 2020 Census: 455 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fossil
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Fossil<6>
- Horse Heaven [Jefferson County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Horse Heaven
- Horse Heaven [Jefferson County] was located 23 miles [37 km]<5> to the west of Waldron
- Clarno [Wasco County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clarno
- Clarno [Wasco County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<5> to the northwest of Waldron
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clarno
- Lonerock [Gilliam County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lonerock
- Lonerock [Gilliam County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<5> to the north of Waldron
- Population from the 2020 Census: 22 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lonerock
- Mayville [Gilliam County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mayville
- Mayville [Gilliam County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<5> to the north of Waldron
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mayville
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Waldron. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Waldron.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Waldron. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Waldron.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Waldron. See our Newspapers Page for Waldron.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Oregon
About Wheeler County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Oregon: https://www.oregon.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Waldron, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Oregon's counties, including Wheeler, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Waldron - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Area code (458) is an overlay for area code (541).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Waldron) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Waldron. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WaldronOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Waldron. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.7244, Longitude: -120.0294 |
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|