Welcome to Donnybrook ...
So far, we have found very little information about Donnybrook. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Donnybrook to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Donnybrook, please Contact Us.
Donnybrook would have been located within present day Jefferson County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Donnybrook, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
We don't have a date for the establishment of Donnybrook.
The community of Donnybrook was previously named Kilts. Going back to its beginning, Donnybrook was originally named Axehandle. For more information about the names of Donnybrook, see The Names of Donnybrook on our Genealogy Page.
While the community is gone, the present day location for Donnybrook is 3,650 feet [1,113 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the altitude of Donnybrook is about ¾ mile [or ~1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Donnybrook was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Donnybrook would have been located in the (541) and (458)<5> area codes.
Communities Also Named Donnybrook ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 3 communities that are also named Donnybrook - they are located in Maryland, North Dakota and Ontario.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Donnybrook.
Communities near Donnybrook ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Donnybrook.
- Antelope [Wasco County]
- Shaniko [Wasco County]
- Ashwood [Jefferson County]
- Horse Heaven [Jefferson County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Horse Heaven
- Horse Heaven [Jefferson County] was located 7 miles [11.3 km]<6> to the east of Donnybrook
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Clarno [Wasco County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clarno
- Clarno [Wasco County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<6> to the northeast of Donnybrook
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clarno
- Madras [Jefferson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Madras
- Madras [Jefferson County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<6> to the west of Donnybrook
- Population from the 2020 Census: 7,106 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Madras have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Madras
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Madras<7>
- Fossil [Wheeler County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fossil
- Fossil [Wheeler County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<6> to the northeast of Donnybrook
- Population from the 2020 Census: 455 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fossil
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Fossil<7>
- Mecca [Jefferson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mecca
- Mecca [Jefferson County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<6> to the west of Donnybrook
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mecca
- Mitchell [Wheeler County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mitchell
- Mitchell [Wheeler County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<6> to the southeast of Donnybrook
- Population from the 2020 Census: 126 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mitchell
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Mitchell<7>
- Scissorsville [Crook County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Scissorsville
- Scissorsville [Crook County] was located 27 miles [43.5 km]<6> to the southeast of Donnybrook
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Scissorsville. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Donnybrook. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Donnybrook.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Donnybrook. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Donnybrook.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Donnybrook. See our Newspapers Page for Donnybrook.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Oregon
About Jefferson County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Jefferson County: www.co.jefferson.or.us
The official website for State of Oregon: https://www.oregon.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Donnybrook, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Oregon's counties, including Jefferson, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Donnybrook - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Area code (458) is an overlay for area code (541).|
|<6>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Donnybrook) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Donnybrook. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DonnybrookOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Donnybrook. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.7541, Longitude: -120.6511 In this case, the coordinates for Donnybrook have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<8>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|