Welcome to Apiary ...
So far, we have found very little information about Apiary. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Apiary to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Apiary, please Contact Us.
Apiary would have been located within present day Columbia County<2>.
The location of Apiary has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Apiary is 940 feet [287 m] above sea level.<4>.
Time Zone: The area where Apiary was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Apiary would have been located in the (503) and (971)<5> area codes.
Communities near Apiary ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Apiary.
- Longview [Cowlitz County]
- Saint Helens [Columbia County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Helens have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Helens
- Saint Helens [Columbia County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<6> to the southeast of Apiary
- Estimated population in 2018: 13,801 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Helens
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Saint Helens<7>
- Kelso [Cowlitz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kelso
- Kelso [Cowlitz County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<6> to the northeast of Apiary
- Estimated population in 2018: 12,303 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kelso
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kelso<7>
- Ridgefield [Clark County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Scappoose [Columbia County]
- Woodland [Cowlitz County]
- Kalama [Cowlitz County]
- Vernonia [Columbia County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vernonia
- Vernonia [Columbia County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<6> to the southwest of Apiary
- Estimated population in 2018: 2,274 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vernonia
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Vernonia<7>
- Castle Rock [Cowlitz County]
- Columbia City [Columbia County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Columbia City have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Columbia City
- Columbia City [Columbia County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<6> to the southeast of Apiary
- Estimated population in 2018: 2,037 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Columbia City
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Columbia City<7>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Apiary. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Apiary.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Apiary. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Apiary.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Apiary. See our Newspapers Page for Apiary.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Oregon
About Columbia County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Columbia County: www.co.columbia.or.us/
The official website for State of Oregon: https://www.oregon.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Apiary, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Oregon's counties, including Columbia, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Apiary - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Area code (971) is an overlay for area code (503).|
|<6>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Apiary) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Apiary. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.0140, Longitude: -123.0301 In this case, the coordinates for Apiary have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|