Welcome to Apiary ...
So far, we have found very little information about Apiary. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Apiary to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Apiary, please Contact Us.
Apiary would have been located within present day Columbia County<2>.
The location of Apiary has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Apiary is 940 feet [287 m] above sea level.<4>.
Time Zone: The area where Apiary was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
If Apiary still existed, it would have been in the (503) and (971)<5> area codes.
Communities near Apiary ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Apiary.
- Longview [Cowlitz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Longview
- Longview [Cowlitz County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<6> to the northeast of Apiary
- Population from the 2020 Census: 38,515 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Longview
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Longview<7>
- Saint Helens [Columbia County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Helens
- Saint Helens [Columbia County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<6> to the southeast of Apiary
- Population from the 2020 Census: 14,071 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Helens have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Helens
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Saint Helens<7>
- Kelso [Cowlitz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kelso
- Kelso [Cowlitz County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<6> to the northeast of Apiary
- Population from the 2020 Census: 12,438 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kelso
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kelso<7>
- Ridgefield [Clark County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Scappoose [Columbia County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Scappoose
- Scappoose [Columbia County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<6> to the southeast of Apiary
- Population from the 2020 Census: 7,618 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Scappoose
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Scappoose<7>
- Woodland [Cowlitz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Woodland
- Woodland [Cowlitz County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<6> to the southeast of Apiary
- Population from the 2020 Census: 6,548 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Woodland
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Woodland<7>
- Kalama [Cowlitz County]
- Castle Rock [Cowlitz County]
- Vernonia [Columbia County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vernonia
- Vernonia [Columbia County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<6> to the southwest of Apiary
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,295 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vernonia
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Vernonia<7>
- Columbia City [Columbia County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Apiary. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Apiary.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Apiary. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Apiary.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Apiary. See our Newspapers Page for Apiary.
Adding Apiary to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Apiary in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Apiary was in the Business Atlas and Shippers' Guide (1895).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Apiary on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Oregon Community
About Columbia County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Columbia County: www.co.columbia.or.us/
The official website for State of Oregon: https://www.oregon.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Apiary, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Oregon's counties, including Columbia, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Apiary - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Area code (971) is an overlay for area code (503).|
|<6>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Apiary) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Apiary. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.0140, Longitude: -123.0301 In this case, the coordinates for Apiary have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|