Welcome to Anlauf ...
So far, we have found very little information about Anlauf. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Anlauf to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Anlauf, please Contact Us.
Anlauf would have been located within present day Douglas County<2>.
The location of Anlauf has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Anlauf is 390 feet [119 m] above sea level.<4>.
Time Zone: The area where Anlauf was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
If Anlauf still existed, it would have been in the (541) and (458)<5> area codes.
Adding Anlauf to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Anlauf in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Anlauf was on a map titled Auto Trails Map - Washington and Oregon (from Rand McNally, 1925).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Anlauf on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Anlauf ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Anlauf.
- Cottage Grove [Lane County]
- Creswell [Lane County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Creswell
- Creswell [Lane County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<6> to the northeast of Anlauf
- Estimated population in 2019: 5,540 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Creswell have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Creswell
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Creswell<7>
- Drain [Douglas County]
- Yoncalla [Douglas County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Yoncalla
- Yoncalla [Douglas County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<6> to the south of Anlauf
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,096 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Yoncalla have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Yoncalla
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Yoncalla<7>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Elkton [Douglas County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elkton
- Elkton [Douglas County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<6> to the west of Anlauf
- Estimated population in 2019: 199 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Elkton have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elkton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Elkton<7>
- Divide [Lane County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Divide
- Divide [Lane County] was located 5 miles [8 km]<6> to the northeast of Anlauf
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Divide. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<8>
- Lorane [Lane County]
- Rice Hill [Douglas County]
- Saginaw [Lane County]
- Cresswell [Lane County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Anlauf. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Anlauf.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Anlauf. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Anlauf.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Anlauf. See our Newspapers Page for Anlauf.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Oregon
About Douglas County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Douglas County: www.co.douglas.or.us/
The official website for State of Oregon: https://www.oregon.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Anlauf, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Oregon's counties, including Douglas, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Anlauf - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Area code (458) is an overlay for area code (541).|
|<6>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Anlauf) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Anlauf. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.7110, Longitude: -123.2237 In this case, the coordinates for Anlauf have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<8>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|