Welcome to South Napanee ...
Although we found mention of South Napanee during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how South Napanee was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added South Napanee to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with South Napanee, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for South Napanee: S. Napanee
Time Zone: The area where we believe that South Napanee might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that South Napanee would be found within the (613) & (343)<2> area codes.
Communities near South Napanee ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near South Napanee.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the east of South Napanee.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fredericksburg came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fredericksburg
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bethany
- Bethany lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of South Napanee.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bethany
- Empey Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Empey Hill
- Empey Hill lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of South Napanee.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Empey Hill
- Galts Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Galts Corner
- Galts Corner lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of South Napanee.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Galts Corner
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hawley
- Hawley lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of South Napanee.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hawley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hawley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hayburn
- Hayburn lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the south of South Napanee.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hayburn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hayburn
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Morven
- Morven lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the east of South Napanee.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Morven came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Morven
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Switzerville
- Switzerville lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northeast of South Napanee.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Switzerville
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for South Napanee ...
Looking for more information about South Napanee? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to South Napanee, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for South Napanee.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past South Napanee and then turned east". While South Napanee could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added South Napanee as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that South Napanee could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- South Napanee) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for South Napanee. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from South NapaneeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in South Napanee. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.2300, Longitude: -76.9614 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|