Welcome to Hawley ...
Although we found mention of Hawley during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Hawley was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Hawley to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Hawley, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Hawley might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Hawley would be found within the (613) and (343)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Hawley ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found that there are 20 communities that are also named Hawley - they are located in California (2), Colorado, Idaho, Illinois (2), Iowa, Kansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri (2), Nebraska, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Hawley.
Communities near Hawley ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Hawley.
(18 miles [29 km] to the east)
- Greater Napanee
(6 miles [9.7 km] to the northwest)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greater Napanee came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greater Napanee
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Greater Napanee
(18 miles [29 km] to the southwest)
(9 miles [14.5 km] to the west)
(4 miles [6.4 km] to the east)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bath came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bath
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Bath
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bath <3>
(4 miles [6.4 km] to the south)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sandhurst came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sandhurst
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Sandhurst
- Storms Corners
(4 miles [6.4 km] to the northeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Storms Corners came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Storms Corners
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Storms Corners
(5 miles [8 km] to the southwest)
(5 miles [8 km] to the southeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Emerald came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Emerald
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Emerald
(5 miles [8 km] to the east)
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Hawley ...
Looking for more information about Hawley? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Hawley, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Hawley.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Hawley and then turned west". While Hawley could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Hawley as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Hawley could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|