Welcome to Hayburn ...
Although we found mention of Hayburn during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Hayburn was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Hayburn to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Hayburn, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Hayburn might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Hayburn would be found within the (613) & (343)<2> area codes.
Communities near Hayburn ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Hayburn.
- Prince Edward
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Prince Edward
- Prince Edward lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Hayburn.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Prince Edward came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prince Edward
- Greater Napanee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greater Napanee
- Greater Napanee lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the north of Hayburn.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Greater Napanee came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greater Napanee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Anderson
- Anderson lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the north of Hayburn.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Anderson
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bethany
- Bethany lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Hayburn.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bethany
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gosport
- Gosport lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Hayburn.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gosport
- Cole Wharf
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cole Wharf
- Cole Wharf lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of Hayburn.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cole Wharf
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cressy
- Cressy lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southeast of Hayburn.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cressy came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cressy
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dorland
- Dorland lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the southwest of Hayburn.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dorland
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Hayburn ...
Looking for more information about Hayburn? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Hayburn, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Hayburn.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Hayburn and then turned west". While Hayburn could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Hayburn as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Hayburn could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (343) is an overlay for area code (613).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Hayburn) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Hayburn. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HayburnOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Hayburn. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.1456, Longitude: -76.9522 |
|<4>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|