Welcome to Sinasac Corners ...
Although we found mention of Sinasac Corners during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Sinasac Corners was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Sinasac Corners to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Sinasac Corners, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Sinasac Corners: Sinasac Cors.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Sinasac Corners might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Sinasac Corners would be found within the (519) and (226)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Sinasac Corners ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found another community named Sinasac Corners - it's located in Ontario.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Sinasac Corners.
Communities near Sinasac Corners ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Sinasac Corners.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Taylor
- Taylor lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Sinasac Corners.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 60,576 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Taylor have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Taylor
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Taylor<4>
- Lincoln Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lincoln Park
- Lincoln Park lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the northwest of Sinasac Corners.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 36,066 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lincoln Park have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lincoln Park
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lincoln Park<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Southgate
- Southgate lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the northwest of Sinasac Corners.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 29,135 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Southgate have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Southgate
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Southgate<4>
- Allen Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Allen Park
- Allen Park lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Sinasac Corners.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 26,751 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Allen Park have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Allen Park
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Allen Park<4>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Sinasac Corners. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Sinasac Corners.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Sinasac Corners. See our Newspapers Page for Sinasac Corners.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Sinasac Corners ...
Looking for more information about Sinasac Corners? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Sinasac Corners, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Sinasac Corners.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Sinasac Corners and then turned east". While Sinasac Corners could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Sinasac Corners as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Sinasac Corners could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Sinasac Corners) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Sinasac Corners. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Sinasac CornersOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Sinasac Corners. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.0958, Longitude: -82.9728 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|