Welcome to LaSalle ...
When the people of LaSalle refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Lasallean<1>
Time Zone: LaSalle lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Area codes for LaSalle: (519) and (226)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for LaSalle: N9J<3>
Websites for LaSalle ...
Official Website: www.town.lasalle.on.ca/
Communities Also Named LaSalle ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found that there are 3 communities that are also named LaSalle - they are located in Louisiana, Quebec and Texas.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for LaSalle.
Communities near LaSalle ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near LaSalle.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Warren
- Warren lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the north of LaSalle.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 132,877 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Warren have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Warren has also been known as:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Warren
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Warren<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Taylor
- Taylor lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the west of LaSalle.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 60,576 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Taylor have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Taylor
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Taylor<5>
- Royal Oak
- Dearborn Heights
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dearborn Heights
- Dearborn Heights lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the northwest of LaSalle.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 55,027 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dearborn Heights have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dearborn Heights
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dearborn Heights<5>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around LaSalle. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for LaSalle.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around LaSalle. See our Newspapers Page for LaSalle.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for LaSalle ...
Looking for more information about LaSalle? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for LaSalle, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for LaSalle.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for LaSalle: www.town.lasalle.on.ca/
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of LaSalle refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a town's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of LaSalle may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of LaSalle, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as LaSalle). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether LaSalle or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- LaSalle) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for LaSalle. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LaSalleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in LaSalle. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.2347, Longitude: -83.0953 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|