Welcome to Oshawa ...
The Lake Ontario city of Oshawa is 340 feet [104 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Oshawa lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Oshawa is served by one (or more) of the following area codes: (289)<2>, (365) & (905).
The Canadian Postal Code for Oshawa: L1J<3>
Websites for Oshawa ...
Official Website: www.oshawa.ca/
Chamber of Commerce: www.oshawachamber.com/
Communities Also Named Oshawa ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Oshawa - they are located in and Minnesota (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Oshawa.
Communities near Oshawa ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Oshawa.
- Mitchells Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mitchells Corners
- Mitchells Corners lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Oshawa
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mitchells Corners came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mitchells Corners
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Port Whitby
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Port Whitby
- Port Whitby lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Oshawa
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Port Whitby came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Port Whitby
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Columbus
- Columbus lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the north of Oshawa
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Columbus came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Columbus
- Macedonia Village
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Macedonia Village
- Macedonia Village lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the west of Oshawa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Macedonia Village
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Solina
- Solina lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Oshawa
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Solina came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Solina
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lakeside
- Lakeside lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the southwest of Oshawa
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lakeside
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Oshawa ...
Looking for more information about Oshawa? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Oshawa, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Oshawa.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Oshawa: www.oshawa.ca/
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Oshawa - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Of the area codes for Oshawa, area code (289, 365) is an overlay.|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Oshawa, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Oshawa). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Oshawa or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Oshawa) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Oshawa. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Oshawa
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Oshawa. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.8985, Longitude: -78.8641
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|