Welcome to Brooklin ...
Time Zone: Brooklin lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Telephone area codes for Brooklin: (289)<1>, (365) & (905).
The Canadian Postal Code for Brooklin: L1M<2>
Communities Also Named Brooklin ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found that there are 4 communities that are also named Brooklin - they are located in Maine, Tennessee and West Virginia (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Brooklin.
Communities near Brooklin ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Brooklin.
- Mississaugas of Scugog Island
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mississaugas of Scugog Island
- Mississaugas of Scugog Island lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the north of Brooklin.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mississaugas of Scugog Island came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mississaugas of Scugog Island
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dagmar
- Dagmar lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Brooklin.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dagmar came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dagmar
- North Osgoode
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for North Osgoode
- North Osgoode lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the southeast of Brooklin.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for North Osgoode came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Osgoode
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Audley
- Audley lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the south of Brooklin.
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Audley. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Former name for Audley:
- Brown's Corners
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Audley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Balsam
- Balsam lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the west of Brooklin.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Balsam
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Brooklin ...
Looking for more information about Brooklin? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Brooklin, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Brooklin.
Adding Brooklin to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
The earliest source we've referenced which mentioned Brooklin was on a map titled Road Map for Ontario (from Shell Oil, 1955).
For more details, see References and Mentions for Brooklin.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Brooklin. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||Of the area codes for Brooklin, area code (289, 365) is an overlay.|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Brooklin, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Brooklin). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Brooklin or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Brooklin) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Brooklin. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BrooklinOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Brooklin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.9642, Longitude: -78.9578 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|