Welcome to Ajax ...
The Lake Ontario town of Ajax was established in 1941.
Ajax is 290 feet [88 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Ajax lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Telephone area codes for Ajax: (289)<2>, (365) and (905).
The Canadian Postal Code for Ajax: L1S<3>
Websites for Ajax ...
Official Website: www.townofajax.com/
Chamber of Commerce: www.apboardoftrade.com/
Communities Also Named Ajax ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 10 communities that are also named Ajax - they are located in Kentucky, Louisiana, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas (2), Utah, Virginia and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Ajax.
Communities near Ajax ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Ajax.
- Port Whitby
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Port Whitby
- Port Whitby lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the east of Ajax
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Port Whitby came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Port Whitby
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Clarkes Hollow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clarkes Hollow
- Clarkes Hollow lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the west of Ajax
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Clarkes Hollow came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clarkes Hollow
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dixie
- Dixie lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the west of Ajax
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dixie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dunbarton
- Dunbarton lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the west of Ajax
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dunbarton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dunbarton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Greenwood
- Greenwood lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the northwest of Ajax
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenwood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kinsale
- Kinsale lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the north of Ajax
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kinsale
- Macedonia Village
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Macedonia Village
- Macedonia Village lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the north of Ajax
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Macedonia Village
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Ajax ...
Looking for more information about Ajax? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Ajax, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Ajax.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Ajax: www.townofajax.com/
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Ajax - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Of the area codes for Ajax, area code (289, 365) is an overlay.|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Ajax, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Ajax). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Ajax or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Ajax) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ajax. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Ajax
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ajax. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.8530, Longitude: -79.0222
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|