Welcome to Mitchells Corners ...
Although we found mention of Mitchells Corners during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Mitchells Corners was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Mitchells Corners to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Mitchells Corners, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Mitchells Corners: Mitchells Cors.
See our Genealogy Helper Page for Mitchells Corners for more information about variations on the name of Mitchells Corners.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Mitchells Corners might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
Communities near Mitchells Corners ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Mitchells Corners.
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Mississaugas of Scugog Island
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mississaugas of Scugog Island
- Mississaugas of Scugog Island lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the north of Mitchells Corners
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mississaugas of Scugog Island came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mississaugas of Scugog Island
- Gaud Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gaud Corners
- Gaud Corners lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the east of Mitchells Corners
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gaud Corners came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gaud Corners
- Maple Grove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maple Grove
- Maple Grove lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Mitchells Corners
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maple Grove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Salem
- Salem lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the east of Mitchells Corners
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Salem. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Salem
- Cedar Dale
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cedar Dale
- Cedar Dale lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the south of Mitchells Corners
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cedar Dale
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Mitchells Corners ...
Looking for more information about Mitchells Corners? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Mitchells Corners, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Mitchells Corners.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Ontario
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Mitchells Corners and then turned west". While Mitchells Corners could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Mitchells Corners as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Mitchells Corners could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Mitchells Corners) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Mitchells Corners. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Mitchells Corners
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mitchells Corners. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.9497, Longitude: -78.8053
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|