Welcome to Edgars ...
Although we found mention of Edgars during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Edgars was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Edgars to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Edgars, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Edgars might be (or was) located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: EST- Heure Normale de l'Est (HNE), EDT- Heure Avancée de l'Est (HAE).
We believe that Edgars would be found within the (519) & (226)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Edgars ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found that there are 2 communities that are also named Edgars - they are located in Georgia and Ontario.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Edgars.
Communities near Edgars ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Edgars.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Taylor
- Taylor lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the west of Edgars.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 60,576 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Taylor have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Taylor
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Taylor<4>
- Lincoln Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lincoln Park
- Lincoln Park lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the northwest of Edgars.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 36,066 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lincoln Park have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lincoln Park
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lincoln Park<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Southgate
- Southgate lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the west of Edgars.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 29,135 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Southgate have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Southgate
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Southgate<4>
- Allen Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Allen Park
- Allen Park lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the northwest of Edgars.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 26,751 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Allen Park have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Allen Park
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Allen Park<4>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Edgars. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Edgars.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Edgars. See our Newspapers Page for Edgars.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Edgars ...
Looking for more information about Edgars? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Edgars, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Edgars.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Edgars and then turned east". While Edgars could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Edgars as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Edgars could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (226) is an overlay for area code (519).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Edgars) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Edgars. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from EdgarsOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Edgars. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 42.1556, Longitude: -82.9089 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|