Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Trementina, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Trementina and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Trementina:
- 35.458932, -104.424332
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Trementina
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Trementina ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
In the vicinity of Trementina, Double Mills is located 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the South
How Far From Trementina to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Trementina to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers and using the location of where the historic<2> community of Trementina once stood, the straight-line distance beginning in Trementina and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Las Vegas, which is the Seat of San Miguel County and lies 45 miles [72.4 km]<1> to the west northwest. If you could walk a straight line from Trementina to Las Vegas, with an average speed<3> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take about three full days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take most of two days.
- Santa Fe, which is the State Capital of New Mexico, lies 87 miles [140 km] to the west (W). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take less than two hours, a buggy would take most of three days and walking would take 5 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,519 miles [2,444.6 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 60 days and walking would take 87 days.
- The shortest distance<4> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,101 miles [11,428 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<5>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,857 miles [12,644.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<6>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,765 miles [9,277.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<7>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a New Mexico Community
About San Miguel County
About New Mexico
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of New Mexico: www.newmexico.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Trementina) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Trementina. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from TrementinaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Trementina. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 35.4589, Longitude: -104.4243 In this case, the coordinates for Trementina have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<2>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Trementina, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<3>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<4>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Trementina to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<5>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 325.639 degrees.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 323.529 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 318.073 degrees.||