Welcome to Benton ...
Benton is 190 feet [58 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Benton lies in the Newfoundland Time Zone (NST/NDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: NST- Heure Normale de Terre-Neuve (HNT), NDT- Heure Avancée de Terre-Neuve (HAT).
Benton lies within the (709) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Benton: A0G<2>
Communities Also Named Benton ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 40 communities that are also named Benton - they are located in Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois (2), Indiana, Iowa, Kansas (2), Kentucky (3), Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri (2), Montana, Nebraska, New Brunswick, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio (5), Oklahoma, Pennsylvania (2), Tennessee (2), Texas and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Benton.
Communities near Benton ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Benton.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gander
- Gander lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Benton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gander came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gander
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Gander<5>
- Hare Bay
- Gambo South
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gambo South
- Gambo South lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the southeast of Benton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gambo South came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gambo South
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Middle Brook
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Middle Brook
- Middle Brook lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the southeast of Benton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Middle Brook
- Alexander Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alexander Bay
- Alexander Bay lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the southeast of Benton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alexander Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Appleton
- Appleton lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the west of Benton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Appleton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dover
- Dover lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the east of Benton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dover came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dover
- Shoal Bay - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shoal Bay
- Shoal Bay was located 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the east of Benton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shoal Bay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Alexander Bay Station - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alexander Bay Station
- Alexander Bay Station was located 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the southeast of Benton
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Benton ...
Looking for more information about Benton? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Benton, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Benton.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Newfoundland and Labrador
About Newfoundland and Labrador
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Benton. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Newfoundland and Labrador: https://www.gov.nl.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Benton - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Benton, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Benton). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Benton or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Benton) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Benton. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BentonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Benton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.9000, Longitude: -54.4333 |
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|