Welcome to Alexander Bay Station ...
So far, we have found very little information about Alexander Bay Station. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Alexander Bay Station to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Alexander Bay Station, please Contact Us.
Alexander Bay Station was located on the east coast of Newfoundland (at Bonavista Bay).
A typical abbreviation for Alexander Bay Station: Alexander Bay Sta. (in Canada, 'Stn.' is the more common abbreviation.)
While the community is gone, the present day location for Alexander Bay Station is 440 feet [134 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: The area where Alexander Bay Station was located is in the Newfoundland Time Zone (NST/NDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: NST- Heure Normale de Terre-Neuve (HNT).
Alexander Bay Station would have been located in the (709) area code.
Communities near Alexander Bay Station ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Alexander Bay Station.
- Hare Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dover
- Dover lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the northeast of Alexander Bay Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dover came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dover
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Happy Adventure
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Happy Adventure
- Happy Adventure lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the east of Alexander Bay Station
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Happy Adventure
- Terra Nova
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Terra Nova
- Terra Nova lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the south of Alexander Bay Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Terra Nova came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Terra Nova
- Glovertown South
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glovertown South
- Glovertown South lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the east of Alexander Bay Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Glovertown South came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glovertown South
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Newfoundland and Labrador
About Newfoundland and Labrador
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Newfoundland and Labrador: https://www.gov.nl.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Alexander Bay Station, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Alexander Bay Station - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Alexander Bay Station) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Alexander Bay Station. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Alexander Bay StationOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alexander Bay Station. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.6797, Longitude: -54.1150 |
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|