Welcome to Shoal Bay ...
So far, we have found very little information about Shoal Bay. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Shoal Bay to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Shoal Bay, please Contact Us.
Shoal Bay was located on the east coast of Newfoundland (at Bonavista Bay).
Time Zone: The area where Shoal Bay was located is in the Newfoundland Time Zone (NST/NDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: NST- Heure Normale de Terre-Neuve (HNT).
If Shoal Bay still existed, it would have been in the (709) area code.
Communities Also Named Shoal Bay ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 4 communities that are also named Shoal Bay - they are located in British Columbia and Newfoundland and Labrador (3).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Shoal Bay.
Communities near Shoal Bay ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Shoal Bay.
- Centreville Wareham - Trinity
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Centreville Wareham - Trinity
- Centreville Wareham - Trinity lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the north of Shoal Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Centreville Wareham - Trinity came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Centreville Wareham - Trinity
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Happy Adventure
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Happy Adventure
- Happy Adventure lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Shoal Bay
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Happy Adventure
- Saint Brendan's
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Brendan's
- Saint Brendan's lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the east of Shoal Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Brendan's came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Former name for Saint Brendan's:
- Haywards Cove
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Brendan's
- Indian Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Indian Bay
- Indian Bay lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the north of Shoal Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Indian Bay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Indian Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Trinity
- Trinity lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the north of Shoal Bay
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trinity
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Newfoundland and Labrador
About Newfoundland and Labrador
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Newfoundland and Labrador: https://www.gov.nl.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Shoal Bay, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Shoal Bay) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Shoal Bay. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Shoal BayOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Shoal Bay. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.8500, Longitude: -53.9833 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|