Welcome to Noonan ...
The city of Noonan is located in Divide County<1>.
From the Census Estimates for 2019, Noonan has a population of 123 people<2> (see below for details).
Noonan was established in 1907.
The community of Noonan is 1,970 feet [600 m] above sea level.<3>.
Time Zone: Noonan lies in the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: If you travel east from Noonan, you will leave Central Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Noonan lies within the (701) area code.
The ZIP code for Noonan: 58765<4>
Population Details ...
Taken from the 2019 Census Estimates, Noonan had an population of 123 people. This is an increase of 1.65% since the 2010 Census (or a decrease of 20.13% since the 2000 Census).
At the time of the 2010 Census, Noonan had a population of 121 people (which is 5.84% of the total population of Divide County). This makes Noonan the county's 2nd most populous community.
The population of Noonan represents 0.02% of the total population of North Dakota (which has 672,591 people), making it the state's 254th most populous community.
With a 2010 count of 121 people, the population of Noonan decreased 21.43% from the 2000 Census (which had a count of 154 people).
More information can be found on the Census Page for Noonan.
Communities Also Named Noonan ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Noonan - they are located in New Brunswick and Texas.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Noonan.
Communities near Noonan ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Noonan.
- Crosby [Divide County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bienfait
- Bienfait lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the northeast of Noonan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bienfait
- Wildrose [Williams County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wildrose
- Wildrose [Williams County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<5> to the southwest of Noonan
- Population from the 2020 Census: 155 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wildrose
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wildrose<6>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Roche Percee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Roche Percee
- Roche Percee lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the northeast of Noonan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Roche Percee came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roche Percee
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Roche Percee<6>
- Columbus [Burke County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Columbus
- Columbus [Burke County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the east of Noonan
- Population from the 2020 Census: 139 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Columbus have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Columbus
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Columbus<6>
- Larson [Burke County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Larson
- Larson [Burke County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<5> to the east of Noonan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Larson have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Larson
- Hamlet [Williams County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hamlet
- Hamlet [Williams County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the south of Noonan
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hamlet
- Rival [Burke County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rival
- Rival [Burke County] was located 18 miles [29 km]<5> to the east of Noonan
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rival have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Lignite [Burke County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lignite
- Lignite [Burke County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<5> to the east of Noonan
- Population from the 2020 Census: 221 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lignite have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lignite
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lignite<6>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Noonan. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Noonan.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Noonan. See our Newspapers Page for Noonan.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Noonan ...
Looking for more information about Noonan? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Noonan, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Noonan.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in North Dakota
About Divide County
About North Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Noonan. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of North Dakota: www.nd.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of North Dakota's counties, including Divide, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Noonan.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Noonan - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a city (such as Noonan). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Noonan or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Noonan) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Noonan. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from NoonanOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Noonan. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.8885, Longitude: -103.0085 |
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<8>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|