Welcome to Bienfait ...
The town of Bienfait is 1,900 feet [579 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Bienfait lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Note: If you travel south from Bienfait (for example, toward Columbus (ND)), you will leave Central Standard Time and cross into the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT). In addition, you will be moving from an area that does not observe daylight saving time to one that does.
Telephone area codes for Bienfait: (306) and (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Bienfait: S0C<3>
Adding Bienfait to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Bienfait was on a map titled Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Bienfait on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Bienfait ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Bienfait.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lampman
- Lampman lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the north of Bienfait
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lampman
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frobisher
- Frobisher lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the east of Bienfait
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frobisher
- Roche Percee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Roche Percee
- Roche Percee lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the south of Bienfait
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Roche Percee came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roche Percee
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Roche Percee<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- North Portal
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for North Portal
- North Portal lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the southeast of Bienfait
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for North Portal came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Portal
- Portal [Burke County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Portal
- Portal [Burke County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the southeast of Bienfait
- Population from the 2020 Census: 143 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Portal
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Portal<5>
- Columbus [Burke County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Columbus
- Columbus [Burke County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the south of Bienfait
- Population from the 2020 Census: 139 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Columbus have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Columbus
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Columbus<5>
- Noonan [Divide County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Noonan
- Noonan [Divide County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the southwest of Bienfait
- Population from the 2020 Census: 125 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Noonan
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Noonan<5>
- Hitchcock Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hitchcock Bay
- Hitchcock Bay lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the west of Bienfait
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hitchcock Bay
- Larson [Burke County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Larson
- Larson [Burke County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the south of Bienfait
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Larson have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Larson
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Bienfait. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Bienfait.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Bienfait. See our Newspapers Page for Bienfait.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Bienfait ...
Looking for more information about Bienfait? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Bienfait, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Bienfait.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bienfait. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Bienfait - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Bienfait). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Bienfait or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bienfait) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bienfait. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BienfaitOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bienfait. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.1431, Longitude: -102.8077 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|