Census Data for Simms ...
As far as we can tell, Simms has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Simms, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Fairfield [Teton County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fairfield
- Fairfield [Teton County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the north of Simms
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fairfield have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fairfield
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Fairfield<3>
- Cascade [Cascade County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cascade
- Cascade [Cascade County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the southeast of Simms
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cascade have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cascade
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Cascade<3>
- Choteau [Teton County]
- Dutton [Teton County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dutton
- Dutton [Teton County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the north of Simms
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dutton have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dutton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dutton<3>
- Great Falls [Cascade County]
Cascade County ...
Simms is located in Cascade County<4>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Cascade County.
Miscellaneous Information for Simms ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Cascade County or the community of Simms:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Simms:
- GNIS ID for Simms: 776566
- GNIS ID for Cascade County: 1719622
- GNIS ID for State of Montana: 767982
- The FIPS Codes ...
- An earlier (and largely obsolete) identification method was called the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS):
- State Code: 30 (Montana)
- County Code: 013 (Cascade County)
- Place Code: 68575 (Simms)
- State & County Code: 30/013 (Montana / Cascade County)
- State & Place Code: 30/68575 (Montana / Simms)
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Simms is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #8 (the Mountain Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Simms.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Montana
About Cascade County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Simms. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Cascade County: www.co.cascade.mt.us/
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Simms) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Simms. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from SimmsOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Simms. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 47.4916, Longitude: -111.9281 In this case, the coordinates for Simms have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Cascade, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|