Welcome to Akerville ...
So far, we have found very little information about Akerville. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Akerville to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Akerville, please Contact Us.
Akerville would have been located within present day Fergus County<2>.
The location of Akerville has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Akerville is 3,930 feet [1,198 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the elevation of Akerville is ¾ mile [or ~1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Akerville was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
If Akerville still existed, it would have been in the (406) area code.
Communities near Akerville ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Akerville.
- Moore [Fergus County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moore
- Moore [Fergus County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the southwest of Akerville
- Estimated population in 2019: 177 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Moore have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moore
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Moore<6>
- Glengarry [Fergus County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glengarry
- Glengarry [Fergus County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<5> to the west of Akerville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glengarry
- Heath [Fergus County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Heath
- Heath [Fergus County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<5> to the southeast of Akerville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Heath
- Giltedge [Fergus County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Giltedge
- Giltedge [Fergus County] was located 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the northeast of Akerville
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Maiden [Fergus County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maiden
- Maiden [Fergus County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the northeast of Akerville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maiden
- Hilger [Fergus County]
- Fort Maginnis [Fergus County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Maginnis
- Fort Maginnis [Fergus County] was located 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the northeast of Akerville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fort Maginnis came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Kendall [Fergus County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kendall
- Kendall [Fergus County] was located 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the north of Akerville
- Forestgrove [Fergus County]
- Danvers [Fergus County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Danvers
- Danvers [Fergus County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the northwest of Akerville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Danvers
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Akerville. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Akerville.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Akerville. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Akerville.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Akerville. See our Newspapers Page for Akerville.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Montana
About Fergus County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Fergus County: www.co.fergus.mt.us/
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Akerville, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Fergus, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Akerville - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Akerville) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Akerville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 47.0639, Longitude: -109.4174 In this case, the coordinates for Akerville have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|