Around Ausmac ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Vada. It is located about 13 miles [20 km] to the northeast of Ausmac. Vada has a population of 56,500 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Douglass Crossroads.
It is located about 21 miles [ km] to the north of Ausmac and has a population of 34,000 people.
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Ausmac.<2>
- Chattahoochee [Gadsden County]
- Attapulgus [Decatur County]
- Bainbridge [Decatur County]
- Boykin [Miller County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Boykin
- Boykin [Miller County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Ausmac
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Boykin
- Brinson [Decatur County]
- Climax [Decatur County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Colquitt [Miller County]
- Damascus [Early County]
- Donalsonville [Seminole County]
- Faceville [Decatur County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Faceville
- Faceville [Decatur County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the south of Ausmac
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Faceville
- Fowlstown [Decatur County]
- Iron City [Seminole County]
- Jakin [Early County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jakin
- Jakin [Early County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the west of Ausmac
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Jakin have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jakin
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Jakin<3>
- Vada [Decatur County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vada
- Vada [Decatur County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the northeast of Ausmac
- Estimated population in 2019: 56,457 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vada
- Whigham [Grady County]
For more communities neighboring Ausmac, please visit our County-by-County Page for Ausmac.
Decatur County ...
Ausmac is located in Decatur County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Decatur County: Gadsden (FL), Baker, Grady, Miller, Mitchell & Seminole.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Ausmac ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Ausmac.
Airports Near Ausmac ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Ausmac and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Ausmac.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Georgia:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Georgia
About Decatur County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Ausmac. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Georgia: https://georgia.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Ausmac.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Ausmac) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ausmac. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 30.9963, Longitude: -84.6241 In this case, the coordinates for Ausmac have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Georgia's counties, including Decatur, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Ausmac), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|