Welcome to Alvarado ...
So far, we have found very little information about Alvarado. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Alvarado to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Alvarado, please Contact Us.
Alvarado would have been located within present day Alameda County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Alvarado, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
Alvarado was established in 1851.
Alvarado was originally named New Haven.
Time Zone: The area where Alvarado was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Communities Also Named Alvarado ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 5 communities that are also named Alvarado - they are located in Indiana, Minnesota, New Mexico, Texas and Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Alvarado.
Communities near Alvarado ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Alvarado.
- Oakland [Alameda County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oakland
- Oakland [Alameda County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the northwest of Alvarado
- Estimated population in 2018: 429,082 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oakland
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Oakland<5>
- Fremont [Alameda County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fremont
- Fremont [Alameda County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the southeast of Alvarado
- Estimated population in 2018: 237,807 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fremont
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Fremont<5>
- Hayward [Alameda County]
- Sunnyvale [Santa Clara County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunnyvale
- Sunnyvale [Santa Clara County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the south of Alvarado
- Estimated population in 2018: 153,185 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunnyvale
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sunnyvale<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Santa Clara [Santa Clara County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Santa Clara
- Santa Clara [Santa Clara County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the south of Alvarado
- Estimated population in 2018: 129,488 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Santa Clara
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Santa Clara<5>
- San Mateo [San Mateo County]
- Livermore [Alameda County]
- San Leandro [Alameda County]
- Redwood City [San Mateo County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Redwood City
- Redwood City [San Mateo County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Alvarado
- Estimated population in 2018: 86,200 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Redwood City
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Redwood City<5>
- Mountain View [Santa Clara County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Alvarado. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Alvarado.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Alvarado. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Alvarado.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Alvarado. See our Newspapers Page for Alvarado.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within California
About Alameda County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Alameda County: www.acgov.org/
The official website for State of California: https://www.ca.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Alvarado, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of California's counties, including Alameda, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Alvarado) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Alvarado. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Alvarado
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alvarado. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.5965, Longitude: -122.0779
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|