Welcome to Almanor ...
Almanor is located in Plumas County<1>.
The location of Almanor has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<2>
Almanor is 4,610 feet [1,405 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the elevation of Almanor is about ¾ mile [or ~1½ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Almanor lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Almanor is within the boundaries of the (530) area code.
The ZIP code for Almanor: 95947<4>
Communities near Almanor ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Almanor.
- East Shore [Plumas County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Shore
- East Shore [Plumas County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<5> to the north of Almanor
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Shore
- Seneca [Plumas County] - Historic
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Seneca have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seneca
- Seneca [Plumas County] was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<5> to the south of Almanor
- Prattville [Plumas County]
- Greenville [Plumas County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Hamilton Branch [Plumas County]
- Lake Almanor Country Club [Plumas County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lake Almanor Country Club have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lake Almanor Country Club
- Lake Almanor Country Club [Plumas County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<5> to the northwest of Almanor
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lake Almanor Country Club
- Caribou [Plumas County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Caribou
- Caribou [Plumas County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<5> to the southwest of Almanor
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Caribou
- Lake Almanor Peninsula [Plumas County]
- Peninsula Village [Lassen County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Peninsula Village
- Peninsula Village [Lassen County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<5> to the northwest of Almanor
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Peninsula Village
- Peninsula Village [Plumas County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Almanor. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Almanor.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Almanor. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Almanor.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Almanor. See our Newspapers Page for Almanor.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for California
About Plumas County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Almanor. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Plumas County: www.countyofplumas.com/
The official website for State of California: https://www.ca.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of California's counties, including Plumas, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Almanor - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Almanor). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Almanor or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Almanor) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Almanor. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Almanor
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Almanor. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.1746, Longitude: -121.0730 In this case, the coordinates for Almanor have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|