Welcome to Albrae ...
So far, we have found very little information about Albrae. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Albrae to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Albrae, please Contact Us.
Albrae would have been located within present day Alameda County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Albrae, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
We don't have a date for the establishment of Albrae.
Going back to its beginning, Albrae was originally named Albrae Station. For more information about the names of Albrae, see The Names of Albrae on our Genealogy Page.
While the community is gone, the present day location for Albrae is near sea level<4>.
Time Zone: The area where Albrae was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
If Albrae still existed, it would have been in the (510) area code.
Communities near Albrae ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Albrae.
- San Jose [Santa Clara County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for San Jose
- San Jose [Santa Clara County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the southeast of Albrae
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,021,795 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on San Jose
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for San Jose<6>
- Fremont [Alameda County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fremont
- Fremont [Alameda County] lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<5> to the north of Albrae
- Estimated population in 2019: 241,110 people
- Former names for Fremont:
- Mission San Jose
- Warm Springs
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fremont
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Fremont<6>
- Hayward [Alameda County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hayward
- Hayward [Alameda County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the northwest of Albrae
- Estimated population in 2019: 159,203 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hayward
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hayward<6>
- Sunnyvale [Santa Clara County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Santa Clara [Santa Clara County]
- San Mateo [San Mateo County]
- Livermore [Alameda County]
- San Leandro [Alameda County]
- Redwood City [San Mateo County]
- Milpitas [Santa Clara County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Milpitas
- Milpitas [Santa Clara County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<5> to the southeast of Albrae
- Estimated population in 2019: 84,196 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Milpitas
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Milpitas<6>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Albrae. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Albrae.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Albrae. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Albrae.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Albrae. See our Newspapers Page for Albrae.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of California
About Alameda County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Alameda County: www.acgov.org/
The official website for State of California: https://www.ca.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Albrae, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of California's counties, including Alameda, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Albrae - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Albrae) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Albrae. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Albrae
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Albrae. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.4954, Longitude: -121.9893 In this case, the coordinates for Albrae have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|