Welcome to Spences Bridge ...
A typical abbreviation for Spences Bridge: Spences Brg. (or less commonly used: Spences Brdg. or Spences Brdge.)
See our Genealogy Helper Page for Spences Bridge for more information about variations on the name of Spences Bridge.
Spences Bridge is 1,490 feet [454 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Spences Bridge lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: PST- Heure Normale du Pacifique (HNP), PDT- Heure Avancée du Pacifique (HAP).
Telephone area codes for Spences Bridge: (250) & (778)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Spences Bridge: V0K<3>
Communities Also Named Spences Bridge ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found another community named Spences Bridge - it's located in Ontario.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Spences Bridge.
Communities near Spences Bridge ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Spences Bridge.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gladwin
- Gladwin lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the southwest of Spences Bridge.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gladwin
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dot
- Dot lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Spences Bridge.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dot came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dot
- Canford Mill ‑ Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Canford Mill
- Canford Mill was located 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the southeast of Spences Bridge.
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Canford Mill. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Kanaka Bar
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kanaka Bar
- Kanaka Bar lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the southwest of Spences Bridge.
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Kanaka Bar. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kanaka Bar
- Logan Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Logan Lake
- Logan Lake lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the east of Spences Bridge.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Logan Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Logan Lake
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Logan Lake<5>
- Cache Creek
- Falls Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Falls Creek
- Falls Creek lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<4> to the south of Spences Bridge.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Falls Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Falls Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coyle
- Coyle lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<4> to the southeast of Spences Bridge.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Coyle came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coyle
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Spences Bridge ...
Looking for more information about Spences Bridge? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Spences Bridge, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Spences Bridge.
Adding Spences Bridge to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
The earliest source we've referenced which mentioned Spences Bridge was on a map titled Map of British Columbia (from Gulf Refining, 1925).
For more details, see References and Mentions for Spences Bridge.
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Spences Bridge. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Spences Bridge - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Spences Bridge, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Spences Bridge). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Spences Bridge or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Spences Bridge) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Spences Bridge. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Spences BridgeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Spences Bridge. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.4231, Longitude: -121.3447 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|