Welcome to Lytton ...
While we don't have a date for the establishment of Lytton, you might get a feel for its founding by knowing that they incorporated May 3, 1945.
The village of Lytton is 1,530 feet [466 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Lytton lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: PST- Heure Normale du Pacifique (HNP), PDT- Heure Avancée du Pacifique (HAP).
Telephone area codes for Lytton: (250) & (778)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Lytton: V0K<3>
Websites for Lytton ...
Official Website: www.lytton.ca/
Communities Also Named Lytton ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 5 communities that are also named Lytton - they are located in California, Iowa, North Carolina, Ohio and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Lytton.
Communities near Lytton ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Lytton.
- Kanaka Bar
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kanaka Bar
- Kanaka Bar lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the south of Lytton
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Kanaka Bar. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kanaka Bar
- Falls Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Falls Creek
- Falls Creek lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the south of Lytton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Falls Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Falls Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Keefers
- Keefers lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the south of Lytton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Keefers came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Keefers
- Spences Bridge
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dot
- Dot lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the east of Lytton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dot came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dot
- Canyon Alpine
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Canyon Alpine
- Canyon Alpine lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the south of Lytton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Canyon Alpine
- Canford Mill - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Canford Mill
- Canford Mill was located 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the east of Lytton
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Canford Mill. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Boston Bar
- North Bend
- Lower Nicola
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lower Nicola
- Lower Nicola lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<4> to the east of Lytton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lower Nicola came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lower Nicola
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lower Nicola<7>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Lytton ...
Looking for more information about Lytton? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Lytton, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Lytton.
Adding Lytton to Our Gazetteer ...
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Lytton was
We also found Lytton on a map titled Gulf Oil Map of British Columbia (1925).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Lytton on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Lytton: www.lytton.ca/
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Lytton - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Lytton). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Lytton or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lytton) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lytton. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LyttonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lytton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.2327, Longitude: -121.5809 |
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|