Welcome to Golden ...
While we don't have a date for the establishment of Golden, you might get a feel for its founding by knowing that they incorporated June 26, 1957.
The town of Golden is 2,640 feet [805 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Golden is ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Golden lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you travel west from Golden, you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT).
Telephone area codes for Golden: (250) & (778)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Golden: V0A<3>
Adding Golden to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Golden was on a map titled Map of British Columbia (from Gulf Refining, 1925).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Golden on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Golden ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 32 communities that are also named Golden - they are located in Alaska, Colorado, Florida, Georgia (2), Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas (2), Michigan (4), Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma (2), Ontario, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Texas (2), Washington and West Virginia (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Golden.
Communities near Golden ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Golden.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nicholson
- Nicholson lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Golden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nicholson
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moberly
- Moberly lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the north of Golden
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Moberly came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moberly
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McMurdo
- McMurdo lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the southeast of Golden
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for McMurdo came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McMurdo
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leanchoil
- Leanchoil lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the east of Golden
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Leanchoil came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leanchoil
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Donald
- Donald lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Golden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Donald
- East Gate
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Gate
- East Gate lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the west of Golden
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for East Gate. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Gate
- Rogers Pass
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rogers Pass
- Rogers Pass lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the west of Golden
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rogers Pass came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rogers Pass
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Rogers Pass<6>
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Golden ...
Looking for more information about Golden? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Golden, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Golden.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Golden. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Golden - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Golden). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Golden or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Golden) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Golden. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from GoldenOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Golden. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.2962, Longitude: -116.9631 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|