Welcome to East Gate ...
Although we found mention of East Gate during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how East Gate was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added East Gate to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with East Gate, please Contact Us.
We aren't confident of the location of East Gate, so consider the above location as an estimate.<2>
A typical abbreviation for East Gate: E. Gate
Time Zone: The area where we believe that East Gate might be (or was) located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: PST- Heure Normale du Pacifique (HNP), PDT- Heure Avancée du Pacifique (HAP).
Note: If you travel east from East Gate, you will leave Pacific Time and cross into the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT).
We believe that East Gate would be found within the (250) & (778)<3> area codes.
Communities Also Named East Gate ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named East Gate - they are located in California and Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for East Gate.
Communities near East Gate ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near East Gate.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rogers
- Rogers lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the north of East Gate
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rogers
- Six (6) Mile Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Six (6) Mile Creek
- Six (6) Mile Creek lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the north of East Gate
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Six (6) Mile Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Six (6) Mile Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beavermouth
- Beavermouth lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the north of East Gate
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beavermouth came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beavermouth
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beavermouth<6>
- Rogers Pass
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rogers Pass
- Rogers Pass lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the south of East Gate
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rogers Pass came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rogers Pass
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Rogers Pass<6>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glacier
- Glacier lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the south of East Gate
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glacier
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Donald
- Donald lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the northeast of East Gate
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Donald
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moberly
- Moberly lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the east of East Gate
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Moberly came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moberly
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Edelweiss
- Edelweiss lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the east of East Gate
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Edelweiss
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for East Gate ...
Looking for more information about East Gate? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to East Gate, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for East Gate.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past East Gate and then turned west". While East Gate could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added East Gate as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that East Gate could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- East Gate) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for East Gate. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from East GateOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in East Gate. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.4124, Longitude: -117.4727 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|