Welcome to Parson ...
Parson is 2,540 feet [774 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Parson is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Parson lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: MST- Heure Normale des Rocheuses (HNR), MDT- Heure Avancée des Rocheuses (HAR).
Note: If you leave Parson and travel west, you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT).
Telephone area codes for Parson: (250) and (778)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Parson: V0A<3>
Adding Parson to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Parson was on a map titled Map of British Columbia (from Gulf Refining, 1925).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Parson on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Parson ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Parson - it's located in Missouri.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Parson.
Communities near Parson ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Parson.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McMurdo
- McMurdo lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Parson
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for McMurdo came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McMurdo
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harrogate
- Harrogate lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the southwest of Parson
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Harrogate came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harrogate
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Leanchoil
- Leanchoil lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the north of Parson
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Leanchoil came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Leanchoil
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Galena
- Galena lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Parson
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Galena came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Galena
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nicholson
- Nicholson lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Parson
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nicholson
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Edelweiss
- Edelweiss lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the northwest of Parson
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Edelweiss
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brighouse
- Brighouse lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the southeast of Parson
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brighouse came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brighouse
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Parson ...
Looking for more information about Parson? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Parson, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Parson.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Parson. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Parson - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Parson, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Parson). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Parson or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Parson) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Parson. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ParsonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Parson. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.0707, Longitude: -116.6364 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|