Welcome to Argenta ...
The origin (or the toponymy) of Argenta: From the Latin word for silver: 'argentum'.
Argenta is 1,860 feet [567 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Argenta lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: PST- Heure Normale du Pacifique (HNP), PDT- Heure Avancée du Pacifique (HAP).
Note: If you leave Argenta and travel south, you will leave Pacific Time and cross into the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT).
Telephone area codes for Argenta: (250) and (778)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Argenta: V0G<3>
Adding Argenta to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
That's the case with Argenta: The earliest map where we found it was on a Map of British Columbia (1925).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Argenta on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Argenta ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 8 communities that are also named Argenta - they are located in Arkansas, Illinois, Michigan (2), Montana, Nevada, Texas and Utah.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Argenta.
Communities near Argenta ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Argenta.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kaslo
- Kaslo lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the south of Argenta
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kaslo came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kaslo
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kaslo<6>
- Johnsons Landing
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Johnsons Landing
- Johnsons Landing lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the south of Argenta
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Johnsons Landing came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Johnsons Landing
- Meadow Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meadow Creek
- Meadow Creek lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the northwest of Argenta
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Meadow Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meadow Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Howser
- Howser lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the north of Argenta
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Howser
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Retallack - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Retallack
- Retallack was located 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the southwest of Argenta
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Retallack. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Shutty Bench
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shutty Bench
- Shutty Bench lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the south of Argenta
- Shutty Bench has also been known as:
- British Bench
- Schuletty Bench
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shutty Bench
- Zincton - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Zincton
- Zincton was located 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the southwest of Argenta
- Nashton - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nashton
- Nashton was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the south of Argenta
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Nashton. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Former names for Nashton:
- South Fork
- Cody - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cody
- Cody was located 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Argenta
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Argenta ...
Looking for more information about Argenta? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Argenta, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Argenta.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Argenta. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Argenta - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Argenta, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Argenta). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Argenta or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Argenta) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Argenta. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Argenta
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Argenta. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.1610, Longitude: -116.9182
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|