Welcome to Zincton ...
So far, we found very little information about Zincton. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Zincton to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Zincton, please Contact Us.
While we don't have a date for the founding of Zincton, you might get a feel for it by knowing that during our research the earliest mention that we found (so far) was on a map dated 1925.
Time Zone: The area where Zincton was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: PST- Heure Normale du Pacifique (HNP).
The location where Zincton once stood is in the (250) & (778)<2> area codes.
Communities near Zincton ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Zincton.
(15 miles [24.1 km] to the southeast)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kaslo came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kaslo
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Kaslo
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kaslo <4>
- New Denver
(8 miles [12.9 km] to the west)
(8 miles [12.9 km] to the southwest)
(4 miles [6.4 km] to the south)
- Three Forks ‑ Historic
(4 miles [6.4 km] to the west)
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Three Forks. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Three Forks
- Alamo ‑ Historic
(5 miles [8 km] to the southwest)
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Alamo. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alamo
- Alamo has also been known as:
- Alamo Siding
(9 miles [14.5 km] to the west)
- Nashton ‑ Historic
(12 miles [19.3 km] to the southeast)
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Nashton. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nashton
- Former names for Nashton:
- South Fork
(13 miles [20.9 km] to the northeast)
- Shutty Bench
(13 miles [20.9 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shutty Bench
- Shutty Bench has also been known as:
- British Bench
- Schuletty Bench
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Shutty Bench
Adding Zincton to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
The earliest source we've referenced which mentioned Zincton was on a map titled Map of British Columbia (from Gulf Refining, 1925).
For more details, see References and Mentions for Zincton.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Zincton, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<3>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|