Welcome to Alamo (aka 'Alamo Siding') ...
So far, we have found very little information about Alamo. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Alamo to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Alamo, please Contact Us.
We aren't confident of the location of Alamo, so consider the above location as an estimate.<2>
The community of Alamo has also been called Alamo Siding.
Time Zone: The area where Alamo was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: PST- Heure Normale du Pacifique (HNP).
Communities Also Named Alamo ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 20 communities that are also named Alamo - they are located in Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia (2), Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico (2), North Dakota, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas (2) and Wyoming.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Alamo.
Communities near Alamo ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Alamo.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kaslo
- Kaslo lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the east of Alamo
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kaslo came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kaslo
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kaslo<5>
- New Denver
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Slocan
- Slocan lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Alamo
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Slocan came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Slocan
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Slocan<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosebery
- Rosebery lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Alamo
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosebery
- Cody - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cody
- Cody was located 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the east of Alamo
- Zincton - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Zincton
- Zincton was located 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northeast of Alamo
- Retallack - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Retallack
- Retallack was located 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the east of Alamo
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Retallack. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Slocan Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Slocan Park
- Slocan Park lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the south of Alamo
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Slocan Park came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Slocan Park
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Slocan Park<5>
- Nashton - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nashton
- Nashton was located 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the east of Alamo
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Nashton. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Former names for Nashton:
- South Fork
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Alamo, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Alamo) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Alamo. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Alamo
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alamo. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.0045, Longitude: -117.3084
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|