Welcome to Roll ...
Roll is located in Yuma County<1>.
Roll is 260 feet [79 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: Roll lies in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
Note: If you leave Roll and travel west, you will leave Mountain Standard Time and cross into the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT). In addition, you will be moving from an area that does not observe daylight saving time to one that does.
The area code for Roll: (928)
The ZIP code for Roll: 85347<3>
Communities Also Named Roll ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Roll - they are located in Indiana and Oklahoma.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Roll.
Communities near Roll ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Roll.
- Wellton [Yuma County]
- Tacna [Yuma County]
- Tyson [Yuma County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tyson
- Tyson [Yuma County] was located 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the northeast of Roll
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tyson have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Ligurta [Yuma County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ligurta
- Ligurta [Yuma County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the west of Roll
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ligurta
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Dome [Yuma County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dome
- Dome [Yuma County] was located 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the west of Roll
- Former name for Dome:
- Swiveler's Station
- Fort Laguna [Yuma County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Laguna
- Fort Laguna [Yuma County] was located 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the west of Roll
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Fort Laguna. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Fortuna Foothills [Yuma County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fortuna Foothills
- Fortuna Foothills [Yuma County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the west of Roll
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fortuna Foothills have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fortuna Foothills
- Dateland [Yuma County]
- Camp Horn [Yuma County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Camp Horn
- Camp Horn [Yuma County] was located 27 miles [43.5 km]<4> to the northeast of Roll
- Bard [Imperial County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Roll. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Roll.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Roll. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Roll.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Roll. See our Newspapers Page for Roll.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Roll ...
Looking for more information about Roll? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Roll, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Roll.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Arizona
About Yuma County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Roll. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Yuma County: www.co.yuma.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Yuma, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Roll - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Roll). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Roll or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Roll) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Roll. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Roll
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Roll. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.7519, Longitude: -113.9893
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|