Around Oro Blanco ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Sahuarita. It is located about 34 miles [54 km] to the northeast of where Oro Blanco would have been located. Sahuarita has a population of 31,400 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Nogales.
It is located about 22 miles [ km] to the southeast of Oro Blanco and has a population of 20,100 people.
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Oro Blanco.<2>
- Amado [Santa Cruz County]
- Arivaca Junction [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Arivaca Junction
- Arivaca Junction [Pima County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the northeast of Oro Blanco
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arivaca Junction
- Arivaca [Pima County]
- Beyerville [Santa Cruz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beyerville
- Beyerville [Santa Cruz County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the east of Oro Blanco
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beyerville
- Green Valley [Pima County]
- Kino Springs [Santa Cruz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kino Springs
- Kino Springs [Santa Cruz County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the east of Oro Blanco
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kino Springs
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Madera Canyon [Santa Cruz County]
- Nogales [Santa Cruz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nogales
- Nogales [Santa Cruz County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Oro Blanco
- Estimated population in 2019: 20,103 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nogales
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Nogales<3>
- Patagonia [Santa Cruz County]
- Rio Rico [Santa Cruz County]
- Sahuarita [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sahuarita
- Sahuarita [Pima County] lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Oro Blanco
- Estimated population in 2019: 31,421 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sahuarita
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sahuarita<3>
- San Miguel [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for San Miguel
- San Miguel [Pima County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the west of Oro Blanco
- Jump to Google Maps centered on San Miguel
- Sasabe [Pima County]
- Tubac [Santa Cruz County]
- Tumacacori [Santa Cruz County]
For more communities neighboring Oro Blanco, please visit our County-by-County Page for Oro Blanco.
Santa Cruz County ...
Oro Blanco would have been located within present day Santa Cruz County<4>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Santa Cruz County: Cochise & Pima.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Oro Blanco ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Oro Blanco.
Airports Near Oro Blanco ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<5> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Oro Blanco and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Oro Blanco.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Arizona:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Arizona
About Santa Cruz County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Santa Cruz County: www.co.santa-cruz.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Oro Blanco.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Oro Blanco) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Oro Blanco. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Oro Blanco
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Oro Blanco. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 31.4955, Longitude: -111.2796 In this case, the coordinates for Oro Blanco have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Santa Cruz, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<5>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Oro Blanco), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|