Welcome to Rio Rico ...
Rio Rico is located in Santa Cruz County<1>.
Rio Rico is 3,480 feet [1,061 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the elevation of Rio Rico is about ¾ mile [or ~1 km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Rio Rico lies in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
The area code for Rio Rico: (520)
The ZIP code for Rio Rico: 85648<3>
Communities Also Named Rio Rico ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Rio Rico - it's located in Texas.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Rio Rico.
Communities near Rio Rico ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Rio Rico.
- Nogales [Santa Cruz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nogales
- Nogales [Santa Cruz County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the south of Rio Rico
- Estimated population in 2019: 20,103 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nogales
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Nogales<5>
- Patagonia [Santa Cruz County]
- Otero [Santa Cruz County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Otero
- Otero [Santa Cruz County] was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the northwest of Rio Rico
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Otero have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Beyerville [Santa Cruz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beyerville
- Beyerville [Santa Cruz County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the southeast of Rio Rico
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beyerville
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Tumacacori-Carmen [Santa Cruz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tumacacori-Carmen
- Tumacacori-Carmen [Santa Cruz County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Rio Rico
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tumacacori-Carmen
- Tumacacori [Santa Cruz County]
- Salado [Santa Cruz County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Salado
- Salado [Santa Cruz County] was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the northeast of Rio Rico
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Salado. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Alto [Santa Cruz County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alto
- Alto [Santa Cruz County] was located 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Rio Rico
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alto have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Tubac [Santa Cruz County]
- Kino Springs [Santa Cruz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kino Springs
- Kino Springs [Santa Cruz County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the southeast of Rio Rico
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kino Springs
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Rio Rico. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Rio Rico.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Rio Rico. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Rio Rico.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Rio Rico. See our Newspapers Page for Rio Rico.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Rio Rico ...
Looking for more information about Rio Rico? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Rio Rico, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Rio Rico.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Arizona
About Santa Cruz County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Rio Rico. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Santa Cruz County: www.co.santa-cruz.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Santa Cruz, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Rio Rico - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Rio Rico). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Rio Rico or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Rio Rico) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Rio Rico. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Rio Rico
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Rio Rico. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 31.4716, Longitude: -110.9753
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|