Welcome to Arivaca Junction ...
Arivaca Junction is located in Pima County<1>.
A typical abbreviation for Arivaca Junction: Arivaca Jct. (or less commonly used: Arivaca Jctn.)
Arivaca Junction is 3,070 feet [936 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the altitude of Arivaca Junction is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Arivaca Junction lies in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
Arivaca Junction is located in the (520) area code.
Communities near Arivaca Junction ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Arivaca Junction.
- Sahuarita [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sahuarita
- Sahuarita [Pima County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the north of Arivaca Junction
- Estimated population in 2019: 31,421 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sahuarita
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sahuarita<4>
- Tubac [Santa Cruz County]
- Green Valley [Pima County]
- Madera Canyon [Santa Cruz County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Tumacacori [Santa Cruz County]
- Tumacacori-Carmen [Santa Cruz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tumacacori-Carmen
- Tumacacori-Carmen [Santa Cruz County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the south of Arivaca Junction
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tumacacori-Carmen
- Alto [Santa Cruz County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alto
- Alto [Santa Cruz County] was located 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the southeast of Arivaca Junction
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alto have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Otero [Santa Cruz County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Otero
- Otero [Santa Cruz County] was located 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the south of Arivaca Junction
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Otero have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Rio Rico Northeast [Santa Cruz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rio Rico Northeast
- Rio Rico Northeast [Santa Cruz County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<3> to the south of Arivaca Junction
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rio Rico Northeast
- Salado [Santa Cruz County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Salado
- Salado [Santa Cruz County] was located 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the southeast of Arivaca Junction
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Salado. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Arivaca Junction. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Arivaca Junction.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Arivaca Junction. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Arivaca Junction.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Arivaca Junction. See our Newspapers Page for Arivaca Junction.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Arivaca Junction ...
Looking for more information about Arivaca Junction? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Arivaca Junction, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Arivaca Junction.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Arizona
About Pima County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Arivaca Junction. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Pima County: www.co.pima.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Pima, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Arivaca Junction - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Arivaca Junction) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Arivaca Junction. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Arivaca Junction
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Arivaca Junction. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 31.7276, Longitude: -111.0611
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|