Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Nolic, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Nolic and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Nolic:
- 32.035884, -111.953625
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Nolic
- Bird Watching ...
- We enjoy finding new spots for bird watching and we use the eBird website for local sighting reports and to help identify hotspots.
- The eBird website is organized on a county-by-county basis. We have selected Pima County as the starting point when you click on the link below:
- eBird sighting report for Pima County
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Nolic ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Allen [Pima County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Allen
- Allen [Pima County] was located 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Nolic
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Allen. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Cowlic [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cowlic
- Cowlic [Pima County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the south of Nolic
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cowlic
- Peach Pu [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Peach Pu
- Peach Pu [Pima County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the west of Nolic
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Peach Pu have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Peach Pu
- Queens Well [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Queens Well
- Queens Well [Pima County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the northeast of Nolic
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Queens Well have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Queens Well
- Sells [Pima County]
How Far From Nolic to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Nolic to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Nolic and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Tucson, which is the Seat of Pima County and lies 61 miles [98.2 km]<1> to the east northeast. If you could walk a straight line from Nolic to Tucson, with an average speed<5> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take most of three days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take about three full days.
- Phoenix, which is the State Capital of Arizona, lies 97 miles [156.1 km] to the north (N). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take less than two hours, a buggy would take three full days and walking would take 6 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 2,006 miles [3,228.3 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 79 days and walking would take 114 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,529 miles [12,116.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 8,293 miles [13,346.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 6,223 miles [10,014.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Arizona
About Pima County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Nolic. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Pima County: www.co.pima.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Nolic) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Nolic. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Nolic
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Nolic. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.0359, Longitude: -111.9536
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Nolic to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 330.836 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 329.414 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.116 degrees.||