Welcome to Minnehaha ...
So far, we have found very little information about Minnehaha. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Minnehaha to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Minnehaha, please Contact Us.
Minnehaha would have been located within present day Yavapai County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Minnehaha, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Minnehaha is 5,460 feet [1,664 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the elevation of Minnehaha is about 1 mile [or ~1¾ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Minnehaha was located is in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
The location where Minnehaha once stood is in the (928) area code.
Communities Also Named Minnehaha ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 4 communities that are also named Minnehaha - they are located in Colorado, Minnesota, New York and Washington.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Minnehaha.
Communities near Minnehaha ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Minnehaha.
- Crown King [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crown King
- Crown King [Yavapai County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<5> to the northeast of Minnehaha
- Crown King has also been known as:
- Crowned King
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crown King
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Crown King<6>
- Copperopolis [Yavapai County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Copperopolis
- Copperopolis [Yavapai County] was located 6 miles [9.7 km]<5> to the southwest of Minnehaha
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Copperopolis have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Wagoner [Yavapai County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wagoner
- Wagoner [Yavapai County] was located 8 miles [12.9 km]<5> to the northwest of Minnehaha
- Humbug [Yavapai County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Humbug
- Humbug [Yavapai County] was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<5> to the southeast of Minnehaha
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Columbia [Yavapai County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Columbia
- Columbia [Yavapai County] was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the southeast of Minnehaha
- Constellation [Yavapai County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Constellation
- Constellation [Yavapai County] was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the southwest of Minnehaha
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Constellation have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Middleton [Yavapai County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Middleton
- Middleton [Yavapai County] was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the northeast of Minnehaha
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Middleton. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Walnut Grove [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Walnut Grove
- Walnut Grove [Yavapai County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the northwest of Minnehaha
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Walnut Grove
- Cleator [Yavapai County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cleator
- Cleator [Yavapai County] was located 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the northeast of Minnehaha
- Tip Top [Yavapai County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tip Top
- Tip Top [Yavapai County] was located 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the southeast of Minnehaha
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Minnehaha. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Minnehaha.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Minnehaha. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Minnehaha.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Minnehaha. See our Newspapers Page for Minnehaha.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Arizona
About Yavapai County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Yavapai County: www.co.yavapai.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Minnehaha, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Yavapai, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Minnehaha - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Minnehaha) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Minnehaha. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Minnehaha
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Minnehaha. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.1634, Longitude: -112.4072 In this case, the coordinates for Minnehaha have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|