Welcome to Middleton ...
So far, we have found very little information about Middleton. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Middleton to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Middleton, please Contact Us.
Middleton would have been located within present day Yavapai County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Middleton, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
Time Zone: The area where Middleton was located is in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
Middleton would have been located in the (928) area code.
Communities Also Named Middleton ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 36 communities that are also named Middleton - they are located in Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, New Brunswick, New Hampshire, Nova Scotia (3), Ohio (3), Oklahoma, Ontario (3), Oregon, Pennsylvania, Prince Edward Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia (3) and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Middleton.
Communities near Middleton ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Middleton.
- Dewey - Humboldt [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dewey - Humboldt
- Dewey - Humboldt [Yavapai County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the north of Middleton
- Estimated population in 2015: 3,988 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dewey - Humboldt
- Crown King [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crown King
- Crown King [Yavapai County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the southwest of Middleton
- Crown King has also been known as:
- Crowned King
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crown King
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Crown King<5>
- Bradshaw City [Yavapai County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bradshaw City
- Bradshaw City [Yavapai County] was located 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Middleton
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bradshaw City have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Cordes [Yavapai County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cordes
- Cordes [Yavapai County] was located 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the east of Middleton
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Bumble Bee [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bumble Bee
- Bumble Bee [Yavapai County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the southeast of Middleton
- Former name for Bumble Bee:
- Snyder's Station
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bumble Bee
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bumble Bee<5>
- Mayer [Yavapai County]
- Oro Belle [Yavapai County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oro Belle
- Oro Belle [Yavapai County] was located 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the southwest of Middleton
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Oro Belle. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Spring Valley [Yavapai County]
- Cordes Junction [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cordes Junction
- Cordes Junction [Yavapai County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the northeast of Middleton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cordes Junction
- Minnehaha Flats [Yavapai County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Minnehaha Flats
- Minnehaha Flats [Yavapai County] was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the southwest of Middleton
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Minnehaha Flats. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Middleton. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Middleton.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Middleton. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Middleton.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Middleton. See our Newspapers Page for Middleton.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Arizona
About Yavapai County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Yavapai County: www.co.yavapai.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Middleton, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Yavapai, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Middleton) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Middleton. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Middleton
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Middleton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.2743, Longitude: -112.2772
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|