Around Mayer ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Prescott Valley. It is located about 15 miles [24 km] to the north of Mayer. Prescott Valley has a population of 46,500 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Prescott.
It is located about 16 miles [ km] to the northwest of Mayer and has a population of 44,300 people.
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Mayer.<2>
- Arcosanti [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Arcosanti
- Arcosanti [Yavapai County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Mayer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arcosanti
- Bumble Bee [Yavapai County]
- Cherry [Yavapai County]
- Cordes Junction [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cordes Junction
- Cordes Junction [Yavapai County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Mayer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cordes Junction
- Cordes Lakes [Yavapai County]
- Crown King [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crown King
- Crown King [Yavapai County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the southwest of Mayer
- Crown King has also been known as:
- Crowned King
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crown King
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Crown King<3>
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Dewey - Humboldt [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dewey - Humboldt
- Dewey - Humboldt [Yavapai County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the north of Mayer
- Estimated population in 2015: 3,988 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dewey - Humboldt
- Dewey [Yavapai County]
- Humboldt [Yavapai County]
- Oak Knoll Village [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oak Knoll Village
- Oak Knoll Village [Yavapai County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the northwest of Mayer
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Oak Knoll Village have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oak Knoll Village
- Poland Junction [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Poland Junction
- Poland Junction [Yavapai County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Mayer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poland Junction
- Prescott Valley [Yavapai County]
- Prescott [Yavapai County]
- Spring Valley [Yavapai County]
- Walker [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Walker
- Walker [Yavapai County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the northwest of Mayer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Walker
For more communities neighboring Mayer, please visit our County-by-County Page for Mayer.
Yavapai County ...
Mayer is located in Yavapai County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Yavapai County: Coconino, Gila, La Paz, Maricopa & Mohave.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Mayer ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Mayer.
Airports Near Mayer ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Mayer and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Mayer.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Mayer ...
Looking for more information about Mayer? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Mayer. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Mayer, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Mayer.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Arizona:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Arizona
About Yavapai County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Mayer. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Yavapai County: www.co.yavapai.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Mayer.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Mayer) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Mayer. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Mayer
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mayer. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.3987, Longitude: -112.2338
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Yavapai, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Mayer), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|