When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Mayer.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Mayer. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Mayer.
Large Airports ...
- Phoenix Sky Hbr. Intl. (PHX/KPHX)
- Tucson Intl. (TUS/KTUS)
- Yuma Intl. (YUM/KNYL)
- McCarran Intl. (LAS/KLAS)
- Palm Springs Intl. (PSP/KPSP)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Ernest A. Love Fld. (PRC/KPRC)
- Sedona Airport (ICAO: KSEZ)
- Phoenix Deer Valley Airport (DVT/KDVT)
- Scottsdale Airport (SCF/KSDL)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Flagstaff Pulliam Airport (ICAO: KFLG)
- Phoenix Goodyear Airport (GYR/KGYR)
- Phoenix - Mesa Gateway Airport (AZA/KIWA)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Cottonwood Airport (FAA ID: P52)
- Cottonwood Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Mayer.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cottonwood Airport
- Wickenburg Muni. (FAA ID: E25)
- Phoenix-Deer Valley Muni.
- Phoenix-Deer Valley Municipal Airport lies 49 miles [78.9 km]<2> miles to the south of Mayer.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Phoenix-Deer Valley Municipal Airport
- Payson Airport (FAA ID: PAN)
- Payson Airport lies 51 miles [82.1 km]<2> miles to the east of Mayer.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Payson Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Bagdad Airport (FAA ID: E51)
- Bagdad Airport lies 55 miles [88.5 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Mayer.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bagdad Airport
- Scottsdale Muni.
- Scottsdale Municipal Airport lies 56 miles [90.1 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Mayer.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Scottsdale Municipal Airport
- Glendale Muni.
- Glendale Municipal Airport lies 57 miles [91.7 km]<2> miles to the south of Mayer.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glendale Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Arizona
About Yavapai County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Mayer. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Yavapai County: www.co.yavapai.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Mayer), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Mayer) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Mayer. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Mayer
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mayer. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.3987, Longitude: -112.2338